Thread: SSS Comp trigger in extreme weather

Basic Member

SSS Comp trigger in extreme weather

Anyone have experience with the SSS Comp trigger in sub-freezing teperatures? Does it still operate properly?

I used mine in the late January antler less season here in IOWA for a few years until they got rid of it. There was a lot of walking and hiking around in temps in the single digits and when the time came everything went bang.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper savage 111 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the SSS Comp trigger in sub-freezing teperatures? Does it still operate properly?
    In my 55 years (YIKES!) hunting I have yet to have problem one with any trigger in cold weather, Remington triggers included. The trouble, no one seems to think routinely cleaning a trigger is important or even required. We'll often see procedures/equipment for cleaning a barrel but seldom if ever anything about a trigger.

I've seen triggers so gunked up with a mixture of oil and other assorted crud a Pa coal mine was squeaky clean in comparison. That mixture of goop will stiffen up like road tar on a cold day. Every year I hear at least one or two "It worked in July"(???). Just a simple flushing with Ronson or Zippo lighter fluid will keep a trigger working as it should.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.