Thread: Elevation screw ideas?

Basic Member

Elevation screw ideas?

I've been shooting my rear grip Striker,(factory) off the bench, using a short bipod and a pair of wedges under the pistol grip. This setup works well enough for long lazy days at the range, ( and has been responsible for some pretty impressive groups) but I'm looking for something better than re stacking, or adjusting the wedges after nearly every shot.

I guess I could fabricobble up one of those fancy, long range, rests, (and I may yet, before the fat lady sings) but I think I'd be happier with something semi-permanently attached to the plastic stock. Perhaps an aluminum or plastic "slip in"/"snap in" wedge to hold an ACME screw and thumb wheel in the grip?

Not being particularly interested in re-inventing the wheel, I'd like to see what you guy's have come up with, so I can cheat a little...

Woodya hep a brudder out?

Thanks, Paul

Basic Member
    I just use a sandbag. An old shot bag filled not quite full gives the capability of squeezing the bag to adjust elevation.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Sharpshooter, thanks very much for the reply. I started out using sand bags, but found I had better control with carpet covered wood wedges. Gross centering was quicker and fine holds steadier. I want to come up with something a bit more easily portable and repeatable.

This seems to be a particularly well disciplined forum, 116 views and not one silly suggestion or smart a** post, in nearly a month. I stand in awe...

Paul

I also use the sand bag method and have achieved impressive results on a continuous basis but I have seen a monopod setup on a rear grip Striker.
    More shooting, less typing.