I am lucky enough to own a Savage .223 bolt rifle that shoots a lot of loads accurately. I have been playing around with loads and have come up with several options that are capable of 1/2 MOA (even though I am not always capable ](*,) ). Anyway, I would like thoughts on settling on a round that I will use most of the time. My home range only has a 100yd range, but it has a plan for 300yd eventually. I will occasionally visit a 200 or 300 yd range. My accurate loads include a 55r Nosler Varminter, a 60r VMAX, and a Hornady 68 HPBT. For each bullet, I have found a few different loads that are accurate.

The cost of each bullet is very similar and all loads are pretty close in powder used, so cost is not a factor. Is there an advantage to having a higher velocity (all are pretty much between 2700-3000fps)? What about bullet weight or BC at these distances? Any real advantage to having a bigger bullet with a higher BC? or a smaller, lighter bullet with higher velocity? the 55 Nosler and 68 Hornady are both boattail, and the 60 Vmax is flat base.

Thoughts and advice appreciated.