Thread: 7Mag and 175 ABLR's

7Mag and 175 ABLR's

Anybody playing with these yet? Nosler has stated that the 175 Partition load data can be used, but there's a lot of difference in bearing surface between the two. I was going to start with Mag Pro, but now I'm on hold waiting for a heavier profile barrel before I start load workup. I'm interest in seeing what others were getting for maximum charge weights compared to the Nosler Partition load data.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    I have to run max loads 7828ssc to get 175gr cor-lokts to 2860 in a 24" barrel. Been going to try magpro see if I could hit 2950-ish (I have a couple #'s) but it has such a bad reputation for temperature sensitivity I put it aside.

Sounds like the new 7977 needs a long barrel (28") in the 7rm to make any gains over rl22 and the other stand by mag powders. ABLR's just won't open up enough at close ranges to be of much use for us.

Longest shot taken last year by a guy in our party was just over 500yds. 1-shot bang flop with the cheap cor-lokt out of a 20" BSA. Most shots are from 60-440.

So not much help, but there are my thoughts on it. For our max distance of 500 yards Partitions are the direction for us this year. Even the cor-lokts over penatrate or blow up on bone up close. Partitions are slightly better up close and still lethal at our max ranges.

Still want to try the magpro but maybe in 270 with 150's instead?