Thread: 10 FCP-SR scope rail mount question

Supv26

10 FCP-SR scope rail mount question

I just got in a few 10FCP-SR's and might be keeping one for myself. I am assuming the scope rail is 20 MOA? I'm gonna take one off to measure it and then make sure it's torqued correctly and use some thread lock on the screws. I just need to know for sure what the MOA is for these mounts.
    Thnks!

bandj524
    if its the new model its a 0 moa rail.

Basic Member
    Got mine from Cabela's. Didn't have a rail on it when I got it home.

Supv26
    I called customer service at Savage yesterday and was told the 10FCP-SR that comes with a scope rail mount mounted on the gun from Savage will be a 0 MOA mount, unless, it is in 338 Lapua, then it's a 20 MOA.

now that I've solved that mystery I need to shop around for a 20 MOA mount. I've had good luck with the EGW mounts so I guess I'll just order one of those. I just need that and a scope and I'll be ready to start putting this one together.
    Last edited by Supv26; 06-26-2015 at 01:47 AM.

Supv26
    I removed the factory 0 MOA mount from my 10FCP-SR this evening and have to compliment Savage assembly people! That sucka was tight!!! I almost broke my little allen wrench loosening those screws. I'm sure they used some sort of lock tight on the threads too. I'm getting on line tomorrow and will order the EGW 20 MOA one piece mount to put on it. I'm also getting the SWFA SS scope for this Savage as I really like the one I have on my Remington. I thought about doing something different this time but my thoughts are why change up when something is working good. I'm gonna set the savage up similar to the rem so I can switch from one to the other. I'm shooting 155-168 grain bullets from the Remington and will be loading 175-185 gain bullets for the savage. The Remington has a 1:12 twist the Savage has a 1:10 twist. I'm sure glad I have my own shooting range!!!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Supv26 View Post
    I called customer service at Savage yesterday and was told the 10FCP-SR that comes with a scope rail mount mounted on the gun from Savage will be a 0 MOA mount, unless, it is in 338 Lapua, then it's a 20 MOA.

now that I've solved that mystery I need to shop around for a 20 MOA mount. I've had good luck with the EGW mounts so I guess I'll just order one of those. I just need that and a scope and I'll be ready to start putting this one together.

I have had very good luck with EGW 20 minute rails.