Quote Originally Posted by seanmurphy265
Quote Originally Posted by superloggy
Well if my inferior,cheap Axis keeps shooting such small groupings, I think I'll hang on to it.

I will say that the bolt cycle is not the smoothest probably due to the extra length but it has never miss fed. Luckily I don't cycle the bolt fast, as tho enemy forces are bearing down on me, at the range. And the magazine is cheap/flimsy and you have to be carefull with it. The length of pull is really long too, but I'm tall and it fits me fine.
After I got my Savage Axis, I managed to improperly sight my rifle in. I was hunting and manged to miss a deer three times. I was forever more shucking some shells! It may not be as smooth as other rifles, but when I was in a hurry I managed to put three rounds in few seconds without any issues at all. Most of my issues have occurred because I did not have the clip properly attached to the stock. The stock and the clip are my only complaints.

I will say this one thing I like about the Axis is the price. I have walked through thorns and thickets and not worried about scratching my gun! I hunted with a Browning A bolt for a while. I loved that gun, but I was constantly worried about scratching the stock.
I agree that if someone is looking for a gun to build on, the Axis is not the best choice because of the lack of aftermarket parts. For those like myself that purchased their Axis/Edge mainly because we know it doesn't take a $1000 rifle to take deer size game, the Axis is hard to beat and in MHO is way better than the Remington 770. I own (2) 7mm-08 and .233 which will bring down anything that I hunt. I have the trigger on both of mine lightened to 1 1/2 - 2 lbs by digital scale and the bolt is noticably smoother after properly cleaning the bore and action with boiling water, dish soap and some Brasso. I've owned a Savage 116 Weather Warrior 30-06 that is 12 yrs old and will drive tacks with my handloads (Price this gun now!) and both my Axis rifles have the same inherent Savage accuracy. Enough said.