Thread: Need a new chassis for my 110

300winmag

Need a new chassis for my 110

Not sure if this belongs here or the "help me decide" forum.

Currently have a 110 FCP HS. Took a precision rifle class over the weekend and had a blast! Took her out to 1000yds and hit a 4" clay!

My issue is that I can't get a good, consistent and comfortable cheek weld. I had a Bradley adjustable rest but ended up taking it off bc even at full adjustment it was too low. One of the instructors built me a new one up out of foam mat and tape. That go me to the right height (about 1.75" over stock comb), but not where I need to be laterally (need to go to the bolt side more). To remedy this I have been looking for a new chassis. My fear is that a chassis with an integrated adjustable stock or a chassis with no stock and a Magpul PRS added still won't get me where I want/need to be in order to be comfortable behind the scope. I also don't want to lose any accuracy, or end up with a lighter overall weapon (trying to keep the recoil level where it is!)

Any thoughts on a chassis that could do the trick? Been looking at the masterpiece arms BA chassis, but again, cheek rest rise appears to be minimal, and no lateral adjustment.

Thanks

Basic Member
    KMW Loggerhead will solve all of your problems and save you some money in the process:

[I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

300winmag
    I filled out a request on their website yesterday, but have not not received a reply yet.
    How much vertical adjustment does it offer? Again, I need 1.75" above stock comb location. Does it offer lateral adjustment too?

Basic Member
    It will give you 1.75" of vertical adjustment without a problem but there is no lateral adjustment.

I ordered mine from Joe Ducos on Sniper's Hide (username 'jducos'). He was a great guy to deal with, does quality work, and stocks the KMW hardware. Turnaround was about a week once he received the stock, and it cost me $225 installed, including return shipping.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

300winmag
    I would prefer to install it myself. Can I just get the hardware from him?

Basic Member
    Don't see why you wouldn't be able to but I can't confirm that. I would reach out to him directly - great guy to deal with and he should get back to you pretty quickly.

If you do end up sourcing the hardware and installing it yourself, post up some pictures! I'd be interested to see how the finished product compares.