Thread: .17 wsm again

Boone68

.17 wsm again

I got a .17 wsm and ive tried everything i could think of without changing the stock and the best that gun has done for me is a 1.25 inch group at 100 yds. Out of a lead sled best shooting i could personally do. Just wondering what everybody thinks about that

1.25 at 100 is not too bad for ammunition that you have absolutely no control of the quality.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Boone68
    "Not too bad" is exactly what i thought. Also means not that impressed either

Basic Member
    From what I have seen if you have the first version sporter barrel and plastic stock. I think a lot of it has to do with the stock. My MKII FVSR with the plastic stock shot ok but when I got a boyds tacticool for it, it tightened up the groups considerably. well worth the 100$.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    the Boyd's Stocks from what I have Read Give Improvement in Accucery.

Boone68
    Thanks for the help. Its a heavy barrel and im thinkin a Boyds stock is a good idea. That stock that comes on it is junk..Just have to get the money out.

If you have not tried American Eagle or Hornady cartridge you may get a little better groups out of it.
    I have tried the AE cartridge and it out preformed the Winchester brand considerable. Have not found the Hornady locally
    but may order some just to try it out.
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

djames6487
    This was at 193 yards with my BMAG in a boyds pro varmint stock with Winchester 20 gr. ammo. from a bipod while shooting prone back in march or so.[IMG][/IMG]

That's some good shooting....especially with a B-Mag!!
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.