Thread: savage model 10p help!!

ghost_sniper91385

savage model 10p help!!

Im new to the forum but this is my second savage ive owned. need help finding out what kind of barrel spacing etc for putting a new stock on it. I cant seem to not be able to find any kind of info, other than its a limited made rifle. its in .308 20" barrel accutrigger also not an accustock any help would be much appreciated.

*Ive tried google and the savage arms main website*
    Last edited by ghost_sniper91385; 06-05-2015 at 01:48 PM.

It should be .800 at the muzzle.
    Originally advertised as "heavy"
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Not sure what Barrel spacing you mean, are you talking Action spacing? That is up in the FAQ section of the main site.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

ghost_sniper91385
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Not sure what Barrel spacing you mean, are you talking Action spacing? That is up in the FAQ section of the main site.
    Idk man im new to customizing rifles im looking at a boyds stock and I believe thats what im talking about

It should be a 4.40" action spacing.
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_sniper91385 View Post
    Idk man im new to customizing rifles im looking at a boyds stock and I believe thats what im talking about
    Action spacing is the important bit of information. As I said it's in the FAQ when you scroll up and on the left hit the "home" button on this page, or, Boyd's has ALL that information when you are looking at a particular stock; even show pictures.

Current center-feed short actions are 4.4" spacing. The stagger-feeds are 4.275"
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

ghost_sniper91385
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    Action spacing is the important bit of information. As I said it's in the FAQ when you scroll up and on the left hit the "home" button on this page, or, Boyd's has ALL that information when you are looking at a particular stock; even show pictures.

Current center-feed short actions are 4.4" spacing. The stagger-feeds are 4.275"
    Thats the information I needed, I couldnt find that information anywhere else much appreciated

ghost_sniper91385
    Barrel Dimensions: Point A = 1 5/16" and Point B = 3/4"Center to Center of Action Screws: 4 7/16"Over All Length of Part: 31"Comes with Boyds' 1/2" Rubber Recoil Pad.

dont know what any of this means this is on the boyds site and havent a clue clue

Boyd's used to show point A and Point B on a drawing that showed the distance from the action to the individual points. They no longer put the drawing on the page so the measurements are pretty much worthless now.

Hey Ghost. Before you get all wrapped up in a stock, put a good scope on it, take it out and put a bunch of rounds through it, and let the rifle tell you what it wants. That is what I am going through with my second savage (third if you count the 1904), and the plan has changed already without having put a single round through her. Get the mechanics working first, and enjoy. This will give you time to decide just what you really want the rifle to do. Just my humble opinion.

AP