Thread: safety button

romad97

safety button

Does anyone know of how a person would obtain the little tear drop shaped safety button for a savage model 11 and how much it might cost? I have been in the process of building my 223 AI for almost a year now. Today I went to put everything together finally, after my duracoat had finally dried, only to find out that I have somehow lost this 1 little peice. I have no idea where it is as everything else was exactally as I had left it but, for some reason this piece has walked off.

romad97
    Well I was able to locate the part using the savage part finder. It is called THUMB PIECE - P/N: 105080 $6.00. The problem it is says its only available to gunsmiths.

"Tear drop shaped" meaning accu-trigger style? I have a few spare 3-screw parts
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

romad97
    Yes the little tear drop piece that attaches to the top of the tang area and allows you to engage/dissengage the safety. Yes it is for an accutrigger, not sure if that is different from the old three screws or not as I have only owned accutriggers.

Call Savage Customer Service, give them your serial number and the part number, they'll email you a release waiver, you sign it and fax it back, and then pay for the part and they ship it whether you're a gunsmith or not.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

romad97
    Awesome. I will call them on Monday. For the life of me I have no idea where this part went. I guarantee once I go through the trouble of getting this thing I will find the one that I have misplaced.

Basic Member
    And as always, it'll be in the last place you look

romad97
    Thanks for this info. I called them today and they emailed me the form. They are mailing out the part free of charge. This is possibly the best customer service I have ever seen.