Thread: New Member/ Savage Mark ii "TR".

PeterRocco

New Member/ Savage Mark ii "TR".

Hi
    i just ordered a New Savage Mark ii TR in 22lr.
    Going to install D.I.P. Weaver one price base.
    Going to use a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 Scope.
    I like the Burris Zee rings with the Offset Inserts.
    Let me know what you think.
    Thank You
    Peter

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

PeterRocco
    Thank You.

Basic Member
    Should be sweet. Interested in seeing how the Redfield stands up. I have a .17 HMR TR and MKII FVSR with a boyds tactical stock (same as TR) freakin great rifles. For the Money IMO best mass production .22 bolt you can buy by far.

PeterRocco
    Hello
    Thank You for your Help. Not too many Very Good Quality Bolt Action or Lever Action Made Today. Without spending over 1000 Dollars.
    I saw A lot of Reviews on YouTube. Wanted something Different then your usual Hunting Bolt Action Rifle.
    Like to get a BiPod in the Future another 90 dollars.
    The Factury Mags are Very Cheap. 20 Dollars. For a 5 Round. I live in New York that is the Max Rounds Allawed. I belong to A Rifle and Pistol Club. Outdoors. Have 7 acres of Property. Shot out to 200 Yards. Not bad.
    I will be shooting max 100 yards.
    Yes I will let you know how the Scope Performs.
    One thing I
    though they were made in USA. I see They are made in Cannada?
    tthanks
    peter

PeterRocco
    By the way I was also looking at The CZ Tactical Trainer..
    liked the Savage Better.
    Peter

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterRocco View Post
    Hello
    Thank You for your Help. Not too many Very Good Quality Bolt Action or Lever Action Made Today. Without spending over 1000 Dollars.
    I saw A lot of Reviews on YouTube. Wanted something Different then your usual Hunting Bolt Action Rifle.
    Like to get a BiPod in the Future another 90 dollars.
    The Factury Mags are Very Cheap. 20 Dollars. For a 5 Round. I live in New York that is the Max Rounds Allawed. I belong to A Rifle and Pistol Club. Outdoors. Have 7 acres of Property. Shot out to 200 Yards. Not bad.
    I will be shooting max 100 yards.
    Yes I will let you know how the Scope Performs.
    One thing I
    though they were made in USA. I see They are made in Cannada?
    tthanks
    peter
    I can get my FVSR out to 300 on some decent sized steel plates. Youd be surprised what you can reach out to shooting prone with a bipd and rear bag. Its all about being super consistent, loading the bipod (slight pressure forward on the gun), solide cheek weld and solid rear sand bag. I can get out to 200 maybe a little farther without doing any dialing just using holdovers with a mil dot reticule. Its a lot of fun. You really are only aloud the 5 rounders in a bolt .22? Not a huge deal I have a 10 and 5, use em both about the same amount. The 5 round almost makes you shoot better because you take more time with each shot. Just doesn't seem to make much sense not allowing 10 but then again alot of fire arm laws don't.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    yes in the inner city only 5 rounds Rifle. 10 Hand Guns.
    I could use Your Help. When you go to put your Rifle Away. How do you relieve the Cocked Bolt Safly. Without Dry Firing. New to Shooting. I hear Dry Fireing is Very Bad.
    When you take the Bolt out Completly is it in the Cocked Posision? I could Store the Gun that way.
    Thanks
    Peter
    that is Good to hear that you can shoot out past 100 yards.

PeterRocco
    Lorenzo
    had to change plans and bought a Barska 6.5-20x50mm Target Varment Scope. Read Great Reviews. Received the Rifle Today. And the Scope and New Base Tomarrow. The Scope was only 65 Dollars on Amazon.
    Funds got Low.
    Peter

Curious to see what you think of that $65 Barska. I have the same rifle with a Leupold 6-18x 44 VX-2 with fine reticle and EGW scope base. Replaced the Savage dual scope bases because they are not Picatinny, they are Weaver and will not accept true Picatinny rings. Ammo of choice is SK "standard plus". Very reasonable ammo and consistent. You can easily keep 50 rounds "within" a quarter at 50yds.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    waiting on my Burris High Signature See Rings. Will let You Know about the Scope. I have Leaupold VX3 6.5-20x40 Target Dot on my Anschutz 1712. Great Scope. Bought it from Chicken George he is on Steelchickens Forum. Great Prices on Scopes. He is Hooked Up with Leupold.
    Did you see the the Thread about someone else having Ejection Problems with their TR?
    Do you Like the D.IP. One Piece Base for the Savage?
    The Ejection Port is Cut Out.
    I saw the ERG was not.
    also did not thought to ask but you can't Dry Fire the Savages. I called CZ America and their 22 Rifles are made to dry fire.
    Maybe I should of Bought the CZ Percision Trainer with the McMillon Stock?
    But I wanted to buy a Made in America Rifle.
    Let me know your thoughts.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    Forgot to ask what Scope Rings Do You Use?

Using Valdada scope rings. Matched pairs seem very well made and made in America. The EGW is machined at the ejection port but perhaps not enough. I will be trying another brand to see if that changes anything.
    BTW, I never dry fire a rim fired gun. Problem is with no casing chambered the firing pin can strike the back of the barrel/chamber. Firing pin vs. hard barrel steel, not good for firing pin. Just use a snap cap or similar and your firearm will be happy.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    Thank You For Your Great Help. Try and Look At the D.I.P. SAVAGE ONE PIECE BASE IT HAS THE HOLE ENJECTION area MILLED OUT. AND I WILL BE USING THE SNAPBCAPS. I BOUGHT 25 Already and the Yellow #4 Ancors.
    peter

Peter, looked at the DIP base and I like the design, more "cutout" for ejection port. Better for possible single loading in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    My Pleasure. I also bought one for my Anschutz 1712. That was my First D.I.P. Base.
    Let me Know if you Buy One and switch Bases.
    Peter

PeterRocco
    Hi
    the DIP Base has a 5 MOA built into the Base.
    Look at Ken Farrell's Home Page. Nice Bases and Rings.

PeterRocco
    Hi
    look at Ken Farrell's Gun Rings and Bases.