Thread: Getting ridiculous....

Basic Member

Getting ridiculous....

So first I bought a .308 Hog Hunter & converted it to a 10 shot.

Next came an old flatback 110 in .30-06 to base my long range build on. It's currently another .308 until my Swede barrel arrives.

Last week I picked up a dirt cheap .30-06 Axis with the idea of building an ultralight Swede-based mountain rifle

And tonight I just traded into a .308 model 11 & I'm already considering a .22-250 barrel (OR...do I rebarrel the Axis to .25-06 & change my mountain rifle build to a .260 on the short action model 11??)

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?!!?

Team Savage
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Build a barrel Rack, Have fun

Basic Member
    LOL I hear ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

Its all good.

6.5 wsm

No joke! These people here will ruin a fellar lol. I'm not even done with builds and am already thinking about the next one or buying parts for one "sometime". My wife says I have a problem, I tell her Im doing whats best for our family. I think shes starting to not believe me lol
    Scooter
    P.S. It sure is fun doin this stuff though

IT can be endless. I did real good last yyear and kept my self from buying anything I thought I needed. Can't say that holds true this year. I broke down and got my lrp model 12 in 260. Now I need this and that. I knew full and well what I was getting into. I'm sick........and I know it.

Isn't insanity fun!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robtattoo View Post
    Weezens here ain't did nuff'n to ya, youse abuse'n youse self all bys youseslf.
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

zdiddy0313
    That is what I am afraid of, It seems so easy to go nuts with these. I considered an AI for the longest time, but for the price and quality, Savage is looking like a hobby of itself. Ive been reading a lot today about these. I already want 5 barrels and looking for the chassis.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    6.5 wsm

Sweet!

Just got my old 111 30-06 shooting the way I want it to and now, somehow, I have a 116 .270 coming in the mail. I suspect there is no end to it. My justification is that as I get older, I need a smaller calibre to keep the shoulder working properly. Not sure my wife is buying that theory, but so far she limits her comments to eye rolling and an occasional heavy sigh. Still on long actions, but already have a short action build circulating through my brain. Makes sense to me.

Basic Member
    You have caught a disease for which there is no cure. You can only treat the symptoms by building more barrel-nutted rifles.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by robtattoo View Post
    So first I bought a .308 Hog Hunter & converted it to a 10 shot.

Next came an old flatback 110 in .30-06 to base my long range build on. It's currently another .308 until my Swede barrel arrives.

Last week I picked up a dirt cheap .30-06 Axis with the idea of building an ultralight Swede-based mountain rifle

And tonight I just traded into a .308 model 11 & I'm already considering a .22-250 barrel (OR...do I rebarrel the Axis to .25-06 & change my mountain rifle build to a .260 on the short action model 11??)

Quit whining and go buy another rifle already, will ya.
    You have a little "catching up" to do.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

curlymaple42
    I'm considering selling my Browning A-bolt stainless stalker in 30-06 to build another Savage. I just built my 308 gun but I really could use a 6.5mm or 260Rem basically. I probably will have to score a 260Rem or a 308 and convert and probably put a fancy wood stock on it just because. My 308 M10 shoots great, but I may still rebarrel that to a custom threaded shorter barrel so it is handier for hunting. The 20" ain't bad though. These Savages are as bad as when I got into building AR15's!!