Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accutrigger mods.

idahoorion

Accutrigger mods.

standard hunting 111, 30-06, got the target springs (2) and sear for the target accutrigger, looks like I'll just need to pop the E clip off and replace orginal parts to the target parts. seems to simple..... hence my email, anything I should look out for? I just hate it when ball bearings or springs fly! oh yeah won't be 06 for long.

thanks
    Idahoorion

Should be basically that simple.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member
    Lmao except for the minor part of assembling the sear under spring pressure trying to line that darn hole up. Good luck, its a PITA. Straightforward though

idahoorion
    Quote Originally Posted by limige View Post
    Lmao except for the minor part of assembling the sear under spring pressure trying to line that darn hole up. Good luck, its a PITA. Straightforward though

Thanks guys I will let you know how it goes!

idahoorion

GaryBF
    If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy those parts?

idahoorion

accutrigger mod

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBF View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, where do you buy those parts?
    Gary, I have seen the springs for different triggers available. Jim at Northland has some and I think SSS or one of the other savage specialty houses do as well. I think the sear is the hang up as it is gunsmith only from what I am told. I bought this as a kit from a guy who had several of them at Snipershide.

Paul

Basic Member
    On several of my accutrigger rifles the trigger pull is about 3lb and I would like to get this down to 2 - 2 1/2 lb. What is the easiest/safest way to do this? Just cut one coil off the main (adjustable) spring?

Do not start cutting springs as it will change the rate and be too short. Try erniethegunsmith for springs possibly or get a smith to order the target spring.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Gunshack has the target spring. I installed it and the pull got down to 1 Lb 9 Oz.

Unbound
    Quote Originally Posted by strut64 View Post
    Gunshack has the target spring. I installed it and the pull got down to 1 Lb 9 Oz.
    Strut64, Gunshack? This place? http://www.gunshack.com/index.php?route=common/home I couldn't find any trigger assembly pieces there. Just bolt pieces and rifles. Is that the right place?

Basic Member
    looks like they removed it!!

Yep, that's where I bought mine. Don't see them now though. Interesting...

Basic Member
    Yeah they are gone from gunshak. That's dissappointing...I wanted to order one.

Basic Member
    Gunshack shows to have the Target Springs available in stock for $7.00 each.

Look under 'triggers and trigger parts'

Savage customer service will sell them to you for $2.00 a pop. I just got 4 of them in the mail. 350% markup? No Thanks!
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 03-11-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Unbound
    They were gone yesterday but looking today the spring is back. Strange.

Basic Member
    Yeah I see they are back. Just ordered one. I'm hoping to get trigger to about 2.5lbs. Right now at 3.1lbs which isn't bad anyways

rebelwolf10
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    On several of my accutrigger rifles the trigger pull is about 3lb and I would like to get this down to 2 - 2 1/2 lb. What is the easiest/safest way to do this? Just cut one coil off the main (adjustable) spring?
    The spring has a small pin in the top coil to keep it centered. Cutting off a coil would remove this. I ordered some springs from Gun Shack have not installed them yet but hoping it will reduce the pull a little bit anyway.

Mach2
    When you finish changing springs do this test several times. Turn the safety ON and pull the trigger. Then turn the safety OFF. It may fire at this point which means it failed the test. Just doing a bump test is not a complete safety test.

Do this in addition to the bump test. Do not do any test with the gun loaded.

BigDave
    So, how many of you guys like a sub 2 lb break? My Accu came from the factory at 2.75lbs. The lowest it will go is 2.3 lbs. I thought the standard Accu would go lower. I mean 2.3 lbs with some Aeroshell moly grease on the sear is pretty nice. But I wouldn't mind at least experiencing a lighter pull to see what that is all about.

So, is it worth it to fuss with a target spring? Or should I be happy with with my 2.3lbs pull? I am not unhappy. I can tell you that.

The darn trigger looks like a tinker toy. It looks pretty crude. But it feels so good.

Why do some people NOT like this trigger?

I am not such an elitist that my trigger has to be be some fancy name like Jewel or Timminy. My trigger has just got to work and feel good. My Accu is pretty sweet IMO.

Unbound
    I could only get to 3 lbs consistently with my stock trigger. I put in the spring from Gunshack and brought it down to 2 lbs. Feels great. It was adjusting down below 1 pound or so. While that was fun it was too light for my comfort. It seemed like I would barley touch the main trigger piece after pressing the blade in and it would trigger the action. I could practically breath on it to set it off. Brought it back up to 2 lbs. and it feels a lot better. Just enough pull weight to feel I'm in control of the break point and feel safe. I'll be doing more safety checks for sure though.

Mach2
    deleted

Mach2
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbound View Post
    I could only get to 3 lbs consistently with my stock trigger. I put in the spring from Gunshack and brought it down to 2 lbs. Feels great. .
    You got a 3lb trigger right off the showroom floor. Pretty fantastic. That trigger has a sear block on it that makes it amazingly safe. It isn't just a 3lb trigger; it is a 3lb trigger with a sear block. My accutrigger on a 3006 came the same as yours. I swapped out a spring and lowered the pull to slightly over 2lbs which is as low as I feel comfortable with. Any less and I feel like I have a hair trigger especially when adrenaline kicks in when I detect prey nearby. Not bad when you can walk out the door of a Sportsmans Warehouse with a trigger within 14ozs of what you desire. I think I got the lower strength spring out of a cigarette lighter. I collect springs all the time from cig lighters searching for that perfect spring. Some cig lighters have as many as 4 springs in them. It cost zero to get the perfect pull on an accutrigger.

rebelwolf10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    When you finish changing springs do this test several times. Turn the safety ON and pull the trigger. Then turn the safety OFF. It may fire at this point which means it failed the test. Just doing a bump test is not a complete safety test.

Do this in addition to the bump test. Do not do any test with the gun loaded.
    I will of Course do a function test of the trigger after any change to it. I do what you have described even after adjusting the factory trigger spring.

Basic Member
    hate to resurrect this thread, but is there another source for the springs. I've ordered them in the past from Gunshack, but they are no longer listed for sale there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast