Thread: magazine conversion

GingerBeard88

magazine conversion

Hello new to forum. Trying to get some information on customizing my gun. I have a savage model 11 in 300 WSM. It has the blind magazine and the synthetic stock. I want to get a new thumbhole stock was thinking wither boyds or one from numrich and add the detachable magazine. I called savage and they cant help me because I'm not adding stock parts. They can't even give me the part numbers for what I need for the magazine conversion. I called numich and the guy I spoke to said he doesn't have the parts either. They have the stock I want but he seemed very clueless. If you have a model 11 and have done this mod or if you have any information that can help me please let me know. Thank you !
    Last edited by GingerBeard88; 05-30-2015 at 06:39 PM.

GingerBeard88
    Any body have any suggestions?

You should be able to get a Boyds stock inlet for savage bottom metal easy enough. Then just do WTB on here for bottom metal and you would need the plastic bottom cap for your magazine. I have no experience with other aftermarket DBM system other than they look pricey

These parts are for the bottom bolt release action. According to Savage, they'll work on the top release also.
    106705 is the bottom metal for short action rifles in matte finish

106245 is a non-axis style magazine bottom in matte that gets you away from the cheesy axis-style magazine with the plastic catch. You'll use your current magazine box and follower.

As referenced on the Savage Parts Finder, J002025 - 10TR, the parts you would need are the same as pictured in the schematic, your trigger guard needs to be stepped high in the front. If not, you'll need a trigger guard and spacer to fill the gap. You may need a couple of other parts depending on what your rifle currently has. Order a Boyds stock for the Model 11 bottom bolt release with detachable mag and all of the pictured parts will fit.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 06-04-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

GingerBeard88
    OK thank you ill be on their website soon to order !
    Last edited by GingerBeard88; 06-04-2015 at 09:36 PM.

GingerBeard88
    How do I"stepped high in the front " my trigger guard? Or is it something I need to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeard88 View Post
    How do I"stepped high in the front " my trigger guard? Or is it something I need to buy?
    Look at the schematic of the gun I listed on the parts finder. If your trigger guard is not like the one shown, you'll need to order it too.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways