Thread: Aftermarket Chassis Options

Basic Member

Aftermarket Chassis Options

Well, I sold my 110 FCP HS Precision .300 win mag and replaced it with the .338 version The HS Precision was definitely nice, especially with the KMW Loggerhead, but it was a bear to lug around and I would prefer more stock adjustability for ELR bench shooting. That being said, what would y'all recommend as far as aftermarket chassis options go?

The XLR Evolution/Carbon chassis is the first that jumps out, and money aside, definitely looks like the best option at this point. But I also ran across the MDT LSS "compact" chassis, which also looks nice. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? What other options are there that you would recommend? I would just go AIAX if I could find one, but I've yet to see one that will fit Savage long actions yet.

I don't want to say money is no object as it will definitely play a role in my decision, but I'm a big proponent of the "buy once cry once" mentality. I would prefer to get a good quality chassis even if it is more expensive. Looking for any opinions or insight. Thanks!
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

danielFL
    I own 3 xlr's. Best company in that market. I have YET to see a bad review on any xlr product. You can not go wrong with it.

Basic Member
    +1 on XLR Industries. You can even get their heavy stock option that offers a ton of adjustability!

RGSimpson
    MDT LSS is perfect and everything you need in a chassis! Very solid, well built.

Basic Member
    xlr customer service is fantastic. order to delivery was extremely quick. i have an element chassis and the fit and finish are first rate.

pdsniper
    I have a buddy that just bought the savage 338 Lapua long range hunting rifle and he is putting on the new MDT HS3 chassis
    All of MDT chassis are made to fit Savage rifles in both long and short action and left and righ hand

Basic Member
    Xlr

Basic Member
    I have 2 with a 3rd within weeks of delivery. You can see pics in the other chassis thread.