Thread: What do I have?

What do I have?

Hey guys, I was tinkering around today pulled my 112 barreled action out of the stock to check about trigger adjustment....which I wont be able to do. I bought it in the mid to late 90s new. It was the first rifle I'd bought myself. Its a 22-250, and has shot lights out since I bought it but the trigger is pretty rough especially since I started building on Savage actions and have better triggers in my builds. Any ways, I pulled it apart, its a staggerfeed 112, but my mag is like a short action.

Here is a pic with it next to a regular Long action SF box. I was just kinda curious as to what I actually have. Obviously the 112s are long actions, it just threw me when I saw it looked like a SA box.
    Thanks
    Scooter

I'm guessing thats how they built long actions using a short action cartridge. Your bolt head probably has an extended baffle limiting bolt travel too.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    I'm guessing thats how they built long actions using a short action cartridge. Your bolt head probably has an extended baffle limiting bolt travel too.
    Yup, before Savage developed the short action, that's how they built rifles in short action chamberings.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Your answer is in the FAQ section, and yes , that's how the used long actions for short action cartridges.

Ahh, I see, I see. Thanks guys, I knew it was before they made the SAs, just wasnt real sure what exactly it was. So....would it be possible to change the bolt head on it...say to a 223 bolt face? Im dont necessarily have plans of doing it, but if I wanted too.....
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

It is possible. It would require the 223 SA SF mag box.