Thread: shipping a stock to canada

blink

shipping a stock to canada

can anybody ship a stock to canada or is it only dealers?
    i want to place a wtb post but only if it's not a hassle for the seller and is allowed.

Edzzed
    I could be wrong but I think they need to have an export license. Boyds can ship it. I bought one from them but had it shipped to a US address. I crossed into the USA and when the officer asked where I was headed, I said we are going shopping and I have one parcel to pick up and that is a rifle stock. He just asked if it was commercial or personal to which I replied, it is for a rifle I own. He then stated to make sure i declare it when returning to Canada and I said I intend on doing so which is why I declared it to you prior to you asking what the parcel is as sometimes I am asked sometimes not. I was on the way. Canadian gun nutz had some people saying it is ITAR controlled and I broke their laws. I did note later on that boyds has Canada on their list of countries they can export to with a $ 500 max limit

blink
    i was looking for a stock that is no longer in production so my only hope was if someone was selling one and it could be shipped,oh well.
    thanks Edzzed,i thought there was some sort of license that might apply.