so after pricing everything i needed to go 6x47L i decided to go with another 260 barrel...for now...i really wanted to go 6x47 lapua but just dont have the money this year so its going to have to wait. also this is a CBI barrel and will be the first barrel other than shilen that ive ever shot....i was reluctant to go with anything but shilen as every shilen barrel ive had has been a hammer...but thought maybe its time for a change plus i see a few guys at our matches shoot the CBIs and they shoot well and shilens prices have gotten pretty high...the shilen barrel i just got was $485 this barrel from Jim was $362...so we will see if the extra $123 bucks makes a difference.

gotta love Jim and Brenda...ordered 5/21 and got it yesterday....at first look this is a VERY nice barrel and the bore looks like a mirror and the crown is flawless...if it shoots half as good as it looks i will be happy.....

ive never shot a barrel under 26" or over 28" and have always thought about a 30" barrel so here it is....

head spaced and ready to torque...normally i go 25fps on the nut but went 35fps on this one because of the length and the weight....another thing i noticed right off the bat was that the treads were a tighter fit than what im use to.the action was nice and tight with very minimal slop...

all back together and ready for a test drive this saturday...

i told you guys i really like the talons and was going to put a set on this rifle....

ill get out saturday and find what it likes and fine tune it sunday and post a range report and my thoughts about the CBI barrel.