Thread: BMag shoots low

TactGrp

BMag shoots low

I have a new BMag standard barrel and mounted a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18 x44 AO Deadhold. I used the Vortex High rings for the mount.
    The gun shoot 4" low at 50 yards and the scope is maxed out in height setting. I have shimmed the rear mount (pop can) with no luck. I can group a MOA, but all low.
    Can any suggest a different ring mount?
    Thanks!

MoToad
    Burris Signature rings have inserts for adjusting in any direction.

danielFL
    that sounds like a scope issue. that scope has 100moa of total vertical travel. call vortex up no matter if you bought new or not. BEST CS in the biz. I have spent 100-2k$ with them and they treat you the same EVERY call

It's not a scope issue. I had the same issue with my B-Mag. It was either the reciever or scope mount bases supplied by Savage. Sent it back to Savage. Next is what happened a month later when I called back for an update. They wouldn't tell me exactly what they did to fix it but said they mounted a new factory scope and left it on the rifle when they sent it back to me to prove it will now shoot where the scope is aimed. So, I get a free scope out of the deal. Cool! I then asked when they were shipping the gun back. They said it already shipped. I then asked them to read the notes in my file. She said it say's to call you before shipping the gun. I replied,"then why did you ship it and not call me"? She then said she would get me the tracking number and would track it herself to see where the gun was at. She then said it was shipped to Montana and signed for by someone I never heard of. I told her then that we have a huge problem. First off, I live in Oregon! Second, I never heard of the person that signed for it! At that point she put me on hold for a long time. When she came back on the line she said she would have her manager call me back that same day to explain what happened.
    The call didn't come. I had to call Savage back the next day. I was told they shipped the gun to the wrong person and was not able to recover my gun at that point. They did however say that they would replace my rifle with a new one. I was concerned that it might have the same problems as my last B-mag. I asked them when the new B-Mag would ship and was told that they don't have any in stock but they could have one built. I'm so beside myself! First they lose my gun, then they offer me a gun they don't have. I'm wondering what else can go wrong?
    Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread. Still in disbelief.

Basic Member
    I put in 0.030" shims under the rear base on my BMag 'cause mine was shooting so low.

Bang
    Coke can side is only .004"... probably all the same. Does the post describing the CS from Savage violate the "no bashing vendors" rule?

Basic Member
    BTW, I've gone through about 75 rounds with my BMag and my best group of three shots has been about 3/8" at 50 yards, did that only once or twice, the other groups of three have been about 1/2" at 50 yds. I am quite pleased with that. No barrel "break-in", other than clean barrel before using, cleaning once after about 20 rounds, then shot about 25 rounds and cleaned again. Just using a cheap plastic Predator for gun rest, but I do try to put the stock as far forward in the rest as reasonable so the front 6-7" of the stock does not contact the gun rest. I did put a few strips of rubber weatherstripping under the receiver as suggested in another thread. And yes, the stock is ....well, not impressed with it.

Basic Member
    I should add, bought it last summer so I'm sure it's a 1 in 9 barrel twist, was made in May 2014.