Thread: Loading previously disassembled brass

Team Savage

Loading previously disassembled brass

I recently disassembled a couple of boxes of 69SMK 223 that showed pressure signs. I used a RCBS collet bullet puller. I reloaded a few at a lower charge to arrive at a good load. The bullets were unmarked except for a faint line at the neck mouth. Am I overlooking anything in case prep before I reload the rest of the cases? I checked quite a few of them for chamber fit, no problems. No problems fitting into a Lyman case gauge.

If the loads are working out, run with it......
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Also another way to go if you don't want to pull them all apart, you can run them through the press again, and set them .20 to .50 thou deeper into the case that relives a lot of pressure, a load has to be real hot for me to take it apart I have sunk them up to .100 thou into the case and they were still a tight grouping batch.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Team Savage
    I understand the physics behind seating them deeper. I chambered a few and didn't see an indication that they were into the lands. I could feel a spray on my trigger hand when I fired. I didn't have the nerve to go with them. The groups were pretty tight though. The load I came up with is 1.5gr of H335 less than the loads that were hot. Thanks.