Thread: Another 200 yard group

SniperGoat

Another 200 yard group

Made it back to the range again yesterday. I had to readjust my scope after my rifle accidently fell the other day. Here is my target after I got sighted back in; with three holes touching and one oddball flyer:

(note: 4 shot group because I like to leave 1 or 2 bullets in the box before I open another.)

SniperGoat
    Bipod in front and bean bag in rear.

Basic Member
    Nice shooting!! What are you shooting btw?
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

SniperGoat
    Savage 10FP .308 cal with Vortex Viper PST 6-24 mil/mil. For ammo im using out-of-the-box Federal GM Sierra Match King 168gr.

Basic Member
    I doubt you could have done that without the mil/mil lol.
    Was the high one the first shot?

How much time between shots?
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

SniperGoat
    Shots were taken approx 2-3 minutes apart

Fine shooting. The flyer could have been a bad bullet.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

I've had same results with that exact ammo. If I had deep pockets,I swear I'd purchase enuff to last a year. It really serves up humble pie. No time and money spent on load testing. Just chamber, zero,clock,calculate ballistics, and have at it. May the best shooter win. Reloading can without a doubt cause shooters burn out. Terrible disease. Try this and that,spend gobs of money, try this bullet with this powder set at this depth,with this and that. YYou've already sent 200 pills out your tube and still looking for the holy grail, then you try some fgmm in 168 ,well hell if that don't beat all.
    Sometimes we get lucky and find our rigs favorite flavor quickly, and sometimes not.
    I'll bet money you easily crack a 4" clay pigeon @ 1K providing the Wind God's don't show up that day.
    Great shooting dude!

SniperGoat
    Thanks for the great support folks. I cant really say for certain, but that odd shot was probably my fault. It was extremely hot and humid that day and sweat was just pouring down my face and into my eyes. I might have just lost focus on that one. I had already been out there for a while shooting my AR15. Either way I'm not worried about it. Each trip to the range is a (fun) learning experience for me and I just like to share those with you all. Stay tuned.

SniperGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    I've had same results with that exact ammo. If I had deep pockets,I swear I'd purchase enuff to last a year. It really serves up humble pie. No time and money spent on load testing. Just chamber, zero,clock,calculate ballistics, and have at it. May the best shooter win. Reloading can without a doubt cause shooters burn out. Terrible disease. Try this and that,spend gobs of money, try this bullet with this powder set at this depth,with this and that. YYou've already sent 200 pills out your tube and still looking for the holy grail, then you try some fgmm in 168 ,well hell if that don't beat all.
    Sometimes we get lucky and find our rigs favorite flavor quickly, and sometimes not.
    I'll bet money you easily crack a 4" clay pigeon @ 1K providing the Wind God's don't show up that day.
    Great shooting dude!
    Your right. That ammo has been such a blessing. I know reloading is cheaper in the long run but I barely find time to go shoot as it is.