Thread: Savage 111 detachable magazine to a blind magazine

Nightstalker52

Savage 111 detachable magazine to a blind magazine

Hi everyone I've been working on a project model 111 in 300 win mag for a while I bought it as a stock rifle, I am having a problem with the stock cracking behind the rear action screw through the laminate stock. I am to know if I can convert this thing over from a detachable magazine to a blind magazine if so how and where do I get the parts? This rifle is a non accu trigger model and has the top right bolt release. It does not have the channel cut into the bottom of the action like my older 110 does.

You might be over-tightening your rear action screw. Pillar bedding could prevent that in the future. To convert to a blind magazine, you just need to find a stock for a centerfeed action that's inletted for a blind magazine. You can then remove the bottom from your detachable magazine by squeezing the two sides together, and install the magazine box and follower into your new stock. The magazine is retained into the stock by a small L-bracket, that you'll have to buy, the part number for it is 106135 and is available from Savage.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Just curious as to why you want to convert it to blind mag? If its because of the stock, don't worry. the mag is not the problem. and the fix is the same for either version. Boyds makes a variety of inexpensive stocks. the key is, as Hotolds said, yours is "centerfeed".

Nightstalker52
    Thanks for the help everyone I have been struggling with this issue for a while. foxx I wanted to change it out because the stock options are greater for a center fed I really want a choat stock on this rifle but the Boyd's stock is a little more practical. Once I get moved into the new house I guess I'll finish this project out and start on the 110 I just got in 270 win.

Basic Member
    Good luck with your move and project.

At the risk of seeming argumentative...
    there was a time when there were more stock options for blind mags than detachable box mag, but that's really not so much the case anymore. I am thinking you can get whatever you want in either configuration. Just be sure to look for center feed as opposed to stagger feed. :)