Thread: Savage 1907 French Military Contract Piece

Basic Member

Savage 1907 French Military Contract Piece

I've been looking for a WWI French Army Contract piece and found this one I decided to grab it before it disappeared, they seem to be rather hard to come by even with them making 40,000 (no way to know how many are actually made it to the states), especially in decent shape as they were purchased from 1915-1917 and used in the Great War. I'm don't normally purchase pistol with any level of pitting, this one has some but I guess for what it is and at the price of 495.00 I shouldn’t expect it to be a 98% piece. The dealer rated it at 80 with some pitting on the left sides and light barrel pitting.

Dealer Description:

32 ACP; 80% blue, fair bore, good grips, 3.75'' barrel, Original bright blue finish and checkered hard rubber grips. Fixed sights. Original factory magazine. Lanyard ring on the grip frame butt. Dull finish on the grip straps with some surface spotting and areas of pitting on the left side of the frame and barrel. Mechanically fine. The bore has some pitting. C&R/FFL, s/n 1641xx

Pictures here.......

Basic Member
    Looks nice.
    The one I purchased (and haven't received yet) is serial#1680XX. Both quite close although mine is not in the French contract. Your's has the Savage name on the left side of the frame and the loaded chamber indicator as mine does. Please post some pic's when you have it in hand. I will do the same.

Basic Member
    Thanks, will do!

Basic Member
    I received the French Military Contract this week, it's not bad looking it does have a couple of patches of pitting and a cracked left grip panel. I was able to pick up an "original" set of 1907 grips from Ebay which are free of cracks and chips for 125.00 shipped which I guess isn't too bad.

Pictures found here......

Basic Member
    It looks pretty nice. Are you going to shoot any of your Savage pistols? Do you hand load?

Basic Member
    824tsv thanks. I know it sounds crazy to many but I only collect old steel, I don't shoot any of my Collectiables.