Thread: Choate tactical screws

Basic Member

Choate tactical screws

Hi,

I just got a 308 hog hunter I was planning to bolt into my Choate tactical, but the screws are not the correct length. Anyone have the part numbers for the action screws I need?

Chris

I went to local hardware store with it, got one a quarter inch longer, and got a metric washer narrow enough to fit in the hole to space it... you really need an eighth longer...

Basic Member
    Like digduggy said an eighth longer is probably best but i would imagine it varies from stock to stock.
    I ended up selling my choate for my hog hunter and had the same problem. The factory length is 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 and 1/4-28 thread pitch. I would recommend going to fastenal or another fastener company and getting the exact screws you need with torx head instead of hex.

D.ID
    I use the deep socket allen head to good effect.......buy them long and cut them down to perfect easily with a dremmel cut off wheel.

Basic Member
    Thanks. I'll double check, but when I tried to bolt it in, I was thinking the screws I had were too long.

I messed with this a couple weeks ago.

Basic Member
    If you do cut the bolt down a good tip is to double nut the bolt (like the picture below and tighten the nuts together at the length you need) to keep the threads strong and intact. Let us know what you figure out.