Thread: Saa

Saa

Welcome to savage addicts anonymous........
    Hi my name is Mo. Im a new addict. Always enjoyed my savage rifles. Well i found an abused 111 sitting in the corner of the pawn shop. One look at the 275$ price tag and home she came with me. Already ordered a new barrel, bolt handle. Factory stock is cracked. Barrel has gouges like someone used it as a pry bar. To scared to shoot it to see if worth a darn or not. non acutrigger so new trigger and stock once I get some more funds saved up. Reading posts here just makes me even more addicted. :) local gun smith going to look over gun for me nextt week. As long as the action is good Ill still consider this a good find.

Update on rifle. Took it to local gun smith and he said it looked horrendous. My heart sank then he said I wouldnt dare shoot this thing but lucky for me its a Savage and the action is in great shape. He offered to buy it so he could build with it. I happily paid him for his services and said sorry but keep looking becuase thats why I bought it in the first place. He just laughed and said d@£* it another savage tweaker. Well now that that is out of the way is back to decision time.....what to buy next . hmm

BarrelNuts
    If you've gotten a new barrel on order, you've gotten the caliber picked; which is usually the hardest choice. Which one did you go with? Keep us posted... this is usually how "wow" begins

.308 28 inches bbl

BarrelNuts
    Nice... with it being a LA you should be able to seat the heavy pills out as far as you want too. What are you planning on using it for primarily, paper or hunting?

Punching paper

BarrelNuts
    With it being a model 111 is it the newer bottom bolt release? If it is and you have any luck finding a good aftermarket stock for it let me know because I'm looking at reworking my .25-06 with the bottom bolt release/DBM. Seems like I'm trying to find a unicorn.

It has the top bolt release. But if I stumble across what ya looking for will definitely let you know.