Thread: Sick sense of humor...

Basic Member

Sick sense of humor...

A true story of tonight's events. Didn't know where else to share it. I am helping friend build a long range hunting rifle. Called Jim Briggs and got a new DBM action, a VLP stock, and a Criterion 260 barrel, with a new nut and recoil lug. Once everything came in we headspaced the barrel and he sent it off to have a brake in installed and had the rig Cerakoted. Absolutely gorgeous work. They also applied the Cerakote to the bolt body and the cocking piece.

When we cycled the action he noticed is was much harder to cycle than previously. I told him is was likely the new finish on the ramp and the cocking piece and it would smooth with use. We decided to check the firing pin protrusion since the bolt had been disassembled during coating. I showed him to de-cock and then re-cock the bolt. He want to feel a different action for smoothness. I had another build that has a older LA that Fred had done a T&T job on waiting for a barrel. My buddy cycled the action several times. He took the bolt out and was feeling of the cocking piece for smoothness. Some how he manages to decock the action and when the cocking piece falls it grabs a huge piece of skin between his index finger and his thumb. I saw him jump and thought it had startled him only. He explains his has a "hold" of him. I started laughing and went to my knees. It took me over 2 minutes to find a set of needle nose and free him from the bolt I was still laughing the entire time.

I know... My time it is coming. Who else has been attacked by a Savage bolt?
    Last edited by tiny68; 05-16-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Basic Member
    I started laughing and went to my knees
    Yeah, its always funny until someone gets hurt.....then its hilarious!
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    That's pretty funny only because I know what he went thru.

What's even funnier is when the carrier of an SKS slams closed on a finger. I didn't find it funny until 6 days later when most of the swelling was gone.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

BarrelNuts
    I've had "Beretta bite" before... also had a pinkie trapped in the chamber of an M-4 doing a "visual and physical" inspection of the chamber to make sure it wasn't loaded... somehow the bolt release got bumped; that was the worst because the natural reaction was to try to rapidly pull the finger out; ended up with an M-4 flailing about on the end of my finger for about 3 seconds before I realized what had happened and got control of myself.

Basic Member
    I've pinched and cut myself a bunch of times working the action in my hands without the stock. You'd think I'd learn.

As a kid I somehow had a .22 bolt close on the palm of my hand just below my ring finger, just as you said. I was alone, and the only way I could get relief was to rip it off my hand. Pulled a chunk of skin out and left a gaping hole. Looked like I'd been shot. Still have the scar... Just measured it... .307 X .140 inches. THAT SOM***** HURT!

CaptREDD
    Can anyone say "M-1 THUMB"?

REDD

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    That's pretty funny only because I know what he went thru.

What's even funnier is when the carrier of an SKS slams closed on a finger. I didn't find it funny until 6 days later when most of the swelling was gone.
    M240B for me! Bought the suck and a lot of laughs. None from me at that point.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

jim deerhide
    That Israeli 8mm, semiauto copy of a Lungemann can **** well bite...........

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptREDD View Post
    Can anyone say "M-1 THUMB"?

REDD
    These guys arent old enough to even remember m1's let alone know what they did to thumbs lol.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    These guys arent old enough to even remember m1's let alone know what they did to thumbs lol.
    Old enough yes. It got me once but only once.

Semi auto handgun slide bite anyone?
    Darn near as funny as scope eye.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Add Glock Bite to the list.
    Each morning before I strap on my G17 I pull the slide back, lock it and look briefly inside.
    Yesterday I noticed some dust or lint on the feed ramp. I reached inside to pick it off and must've bumped the slide lock.

I wouldn't have bothered me too much but it just HAD to be the same fingertip I cut 2 days prior.
    As the 'lil woman walks into the armory to see why I'm stumbling over the curse words (trying to say too many at once) she sees me on my knees trying to pull the slide back to get my finger out.
    I could tell by the way she was trembling she was trying not to pee herself holding back laughter.

I decided to carry a 6 shooter yesterday.
    Maybe forever.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!