Thread: WHAT A DIFFERENCE

WHAT A DIFFERENCE

What a difference a range session makes. The first target was shot with brand new barrel(shilen) with 140 gr. sp bullets in the rain and wind. It was basically to sight in and get on paper.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/rjtfroggy/DSC00316.jpg[/img]

The next 3 were shot in perfect weather no wind slight cloud cover with 140 gr. SMK'S 34.o gr. of IMR 4895, CCI lr primers, OAL 2.754.

[img width=450 height=450]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/rjtfroggy/targets/DSC003311.jpg[/img]

This was my sighter, when I started the barrel was spotless and the round count was 85.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/rjtfroggy/targets/DSC00329.jpg[/img]
    This was after scope adjustment.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/rjtfroggy/targets/DSC00330.jpg[/img]

This is shots 96-101. The shot off to the left I pulled and the one next to it I tried to bring back to the group.I should have waited a few minutes to let the barrel cool a little.
    The scope on this 260 build is a 3.8-12 $100 Intensity,I think with a little better scope with a little more power range I might be able to pull the groups in tighter. Maybe a magnifier 2 or 3x, Something I need to look into.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Re: WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Looks like you got a keeper there Froggy, and a pretty one to boot!

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

dcloco

Change to a black and white target....your groups will shrink again.

Quote Originally Posted by dcloco

At 100 yards looking at a 3/4" dot to be honest I don't see a difference in the color of the dot.
    So my question is what difference does the color make? I do have some 1" shoot n see dots on order so I can see the contrast but was thinking of using them for 200 yard spots.
    please explain your reasoning.
    FROGGY

Basic Member

I think he is saying that you won't be able to see the hits through the scope thus you won't chase the shots

dcloco

Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy
    Quote Originally Posted by dcloco

At 100 yards looking at a 3/4" dot to be honest I don't see a difference in the color of the dot.
    So my question is what difference does the color make? I do have some 1" shoot n see dots on order so I can see the contrast but was thinking of using them for 200 yard spots.
    please explain your reasoning.
    Your eye does not have a clear, defined point to focus on in the scope when using color. Black and white work better. Please try it for yourself.

Not questioning the logic just wanted the reasoning. I see guys using that blaze orange target with the white bullseye and they all claim it is so they can see their hits better, to be honest I get lost in that maze of color combo.I have some black background with yellow centers from Thompson target that are pretty nice. If it isn't in the yellow you can not find the hole, just don't use them for sighting in.
    If you have never seen the Thompson targets got to their web site at www.thompsontarget.com they have a big selection of various styles but they tend to be pricey.
    FROGGY