Hey guys, I'm having fun playing with my new 260 Rem, but ran into the following issue.

I bought a shoulder bump guage from Sinclair, and am using it along with the ".308 family" insert. I used it to check the base-shoulder length on about 10 cases that were fired in the chamber, and they were all pretty much the same dimension, with .001" of each other. I set my Redding FL bushing die to bump the shoulder back .002", as measured with the same guage. However, after resizing despite bumping the shoulder back the cases are all still a "crush fit" in the chamber, meaning I can get the bolt to close on the resized ronds but it's a sticky, tight fit. This continues to be happen until I bump the shoulder back by about .007". That seems like WAY too much shoulder bump. Am I wrong? I've read on other forums that more than .002 shoulder bump can lead to early case head seperation, and that many bump only 001".

Assuming there is something wrong, any idea what might be the problem? I'm using my 7-08 Rem Redding FL type-S (bushing)sizing die with a .288 neck bushing. The action is an Accutrigger Savage centerfeed short action. My barrel is a Brux barrel chambered with a custom 260 Rem match reamer with a .294 neck and .160 freebore. Brass is Win 7-08 brass necked down and turned to .013" thickness (.290 loaded round diameter) in case that helps.

Thanks!