Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to start with to build a .308?

Centerfeed small shank confirmed.....
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    For less money you could go FFP and Variable power if you went with Primary Arms 4-14x. I like them. I doubt they are battle worthy, but good enough to play with and maybe better glass than the SWFA SS fixed scopes I mentioned earlier.

Foxx gave you some very good advice, and I will further the PA argument.
    I shoot a few rifles to a mile. I had a "field day" about a year ago now, and took a few different shooters out with me to play at long range. The PA 4-14x FFP DEFINITELY has better glass than a fixed power NON-HD SWFA. Honestly they flat embareass'd the SWFA 3-15x as far as clarity beyond 1K. At a mile the SWFA couldn't discern any of the targets, whereas the PA would easily.

For battle worthiness, I've had my first one for over a year now with over 1,000 rounds of Creedmoor fired. It rattled under the kids and mountains of stuff, on the floorboards to AZ and back. It also took an unfortunate, yet very hillarious, end-o crash down a ravine while strapped to a 4-wheeler. The last one I don't reccomend for several reasons, but the scope still functions flawlessly. That scope is replacing every other scope that I have.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Hey guys

A little movement.

Stock is ordered from Boyds

Bottom metal is ordered from Savage.

Picked up a smoking deal on a Vortex 6-24X50 Viper HS. Ill take a new $600 scope for $350 all day. Not exactly what I was looking for, but more than adequate for the moment.

Rings and rail ordered from Midway.

Barrel will have to wait a week or 2, blew my cash on the scope. :)

Anyone have the model number for the Savage 5 and 10 round mags? Want to make sure Im ordering the right stuff.

Basic Member
    Well everything is on its way, finally. Too many projects in the summer, not enough time.

I do have a question for magazines for the Savage SA Matte part number 106238 bottom metal. Ive seen a few different ones.

https://store.savagearms.com/magazines-misc-parts/magazine-box-10fc-11fc-12fcv.html
    Looks to be a standard 5 round mag for a Savage. This is what I should be looking for for 5 round mags correct? Anyone know where I can get them? Every place I look they are out of stock.

https://store.savagearms.com/magazines-misc-parts/magazine-box-model-10ba.html
    Standard 10 round mag? Also impossible to find.

Now for something thats not listed on Savages website.

I found this on AR15.com with this description:
    part #110570. Part description: MAG BOX ASSY, SHORT, (10 ROUND)w/LOGO BUTTON. List price is $57.00 plus $9.00 S&H.
    Im not seeing these on Savages website. And more importantly, do they work with the bottom metal I have? They are significantly less expensive than the metal 10 rounders.

Any help would be appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12