Thread: BMag magazine trouble

eberris

BMag magazine trouble

I have much experience with Ruger's rotary magazine so I figured the Savage rotary magazine would load just as easily as the Ruger. That was a silly assumption on my part.

Has anyone else had trouble loading their BMag magazines. I have three of them and none of them can be easily loaded. In fact, I can't force more than three rounds into them.

Savage was very responsive and have sent three new magazines to replace the ones I have. Yesterday I stopped into a local gun shop and witnessed a sales clerk trying to show a customer how to load one of these magazines. He couldn't load more than three rounds before having the same trouble. I'm concerned that the new magazines (waiting for them to arrive by UPS) won't be any better.

If you've experienced a similar problem but have figured out how to load the magazine to capacity please tell me how you accomplished what seems to be an impossible task.

Ed

Basic Member
    I have the same trouble with my 4 mags. I just keep fiddling with them and eventually they load to capacity.

MoToad
    Yep. Tuff go on my fairly new ones. Hoping they will eventually lighten up with use.

Basic Member
    Maybe get em loaded and leave em loaded for a time, even partial load may help.

Basic Member
    I must be lucky, got 3 clips from 3 rifles (got a extra when I sent my SS HB in to be replaced and they told me to keep the clip) and 2 extra I bought from Savage and they all seem to load fine

TactGrp
    Yes, it is hard to load. I have to use a small screw driver to index the mag. It gets slightly better over time. Nothing like a Ruger.