Thread: Sierra tipped matchking vs Berger Hybrid

Basic Member

Sierra tipped matchking vs Berger Hybrid

I am interrested in what you guys have tested to be the better target bullet. Has anyone compared the 168 Sierra Tipped Matchking against the 168gr Berger Hybrid?
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I have not done any testing on the .30 cals yet but I have done some testing with the 69gr Tipped match kings vs the original match kings. I gain a half minute of elevation at 500 meters over the original so the improved BC of .375 over the Litz BC of .331 for the original seems to jive pretty well with my results. Higher BC doesn't necessarily mean better target bullet though. It all depends on what your rifle likes and what it shoots better. Have you considered the 155gr Tipped match king? With a BC of .519 and the ability to be launched at considerably higher velocities make it a force to be reckoned with. According to my quick calculations the 155 launched at 2900fps provides about 4" less drift at 1000 yards over the 168 launched at 2750fps with a 10mph wind and close to 3 feet less elevation and both are remaining supersonic well past 1000 yards.

Basic Member
    I have found that the bullets in the green and yellow boxes
    have both performed very well.