Thread: Magpul AICS mags

Basic Member

Magpul AICS mags

Has anyone tried or know if the Magpul aics mags work with the CDI bottom metal? If so how well have they performed for you?
    You could run over my ar pmags with a small car and them still function so if the ai style are remotely close I am sold.
    The genuine accuracy intl mags CDI sells are $75 and $80 for 5 and 10 rounders respectively and the magpuls are $35 for 5-rnd and im keeping my fingers crossed that they will have a 10 rounder in the pipeline.
    Thanks in advance

I don't think they are available yet. Their website says they will be shipping in the summer, but no date listed. In theory they should work fine with the CDI metal if they are AI compatible as I understand it AI mags work in the CDI metal.

Basic Member
    I didnt even notice that. Well I probably wont be getting my CDI for another couple of months anyway so hopefully they will be available by then. I think AI will have a hard time competing at that price point though.

Basic Member
    There not available yet. I'm going to try them out. I'm almost sure my Berger hybrids won't fit but the OTM and my hunting bullets should from my 308. My 185 Berger hybrids barely fit in a alpha aics mag.

Yeah, I'm hoping the Mapul 7.62 AC will fit my FCP-SR. I emailed Magpul asking this question ........5 days....no reply. Also emailed DSG, one of Magpuls recommended dealers, and they replied 2 days later saying they don't know and suggested I contact Magpul.......HAH !!
    DSG has the magazines (5 &. 10 round) listed on their site as a "pre-order" for $35.
    FWIW, I can't understand how a dealer of any product would not be aware of the application of what they are selling.......but, that's just me I guess.
    I went ahead and did the "pre-order" for the 5 round and will take the chance it will work.
    KK
    [B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]