Thread: scope base screws for 110

Basic Member

scope base screws for 110

I was looking for a 1 piece scope mount and it looks like there are two different ones listed on warnes site. I have just the standard 110 round back so I am guessing that I have the 6-48 threads or whatever the standard is. Since I am getting a new base are the hole spacings the same as the the base they have listed for the 110BA with the 8-40 screws? If so would there any real world benefit for my just tapping mine to the larger screws? thanks.

I would get the EGW base because it has more room to move the scope for proper eye relief. The ( 4) screws will hold it forever as long as you torque them and add some blue Loctite. There is nothing wrong with having 6-48 screws as literally millions of rifles have them right now. If you were going to run a Ior Valdada scope weighing 2 pounds on a 338 lapua magnum then yes go to the next size.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    IIRC there are 6# and 8# screws for Savage actions, the newer actions using the latter screws. Most of the earlier bases can be made to fit the larger screws by reaming out the holes a little bit just as you said. Whether or not there's actually any "benefits" of one vs. the other... worst case you're looking $100 (or less) for another base.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    thanks, this is just going to be on a 6.5swede so I am going to go with jons advice and stick with the smaller screws but going with the warne base. Thanks for the help