Hello thanks in advance for any help.
My name is Dan and i am new to rifle shooting will be doing range shooting only not hunting. have always been a handgun guy. I just picked up a savage 111fxps3 30-06 with the simmons scope i know this scope is not very good but hoping it will do until i can get a better one. My aim is to start shooting and then eventually reloading one i become proficient in the shooting. My question is I'm not sure what grain of bullet i should pick. My range has a 75 and 100 yard ranges hoping to be able to shoot the 100 if the scope and my lack of experience will cooperate. Thanks for any input you guys have

The salesman at bass pro sold me some 30-06 Remington corelokt 220 grain(this seems large to me after seeing all the options available) i understand the better ammo will be more accurate and cost more, looking for something reasonably priced cant yet afford $50 a box for ammo to shoot right now any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks i know I'm asking for alot just looking for a starting point to fill some free time, Thanks for reading.

Dan