This might go long on my end so I'll say sorry up front,
I have been shooting my PTA 243 match barreled CBI using winchester brass, 34.6 grns. of IMR 4895, 105gr. Burger hybrid/target bullets into 0.163-0.167 5 shot groups most of last year. When shooting score comps. I was staying in the high 230's or low 240's not the best but getting better every time out.
Now over the winter I got to thinking(my biggest downfall) why not try Lapoua brass for the consitentcy. Well I loaded them up same way, same lot of bullets and same seating depth (2.862) then went to the range. Wow what a disappointment it was at best a 1.5" 5 shot group, there would be some with 2-3 in same hole and the others way right or left no pattern there.
Now keep in mind all of these were prepped the same FL sized, champhered & deburred Length checked and adjusted where needed all loaded exactly the same as the winchester. Just didn't shoot worth a ****. I would have thought at $1.00 a case or in my case $100+ shipping I would have gotten better results or at least close to the same. What do you all think, start load work up all over,try adjusting seating depth or ???. Please no "send them to me I'll make them work, I've been at this a long time just drawing an old timers blank at the moment.
Oh almost forgot this barrel is an 8twist and the load chronos at 2850 right in the ball park berger told me to go for for short range BR.
Thanks