Thread: MagnetoSpeed Sporter Chronograph

MagnetoSpeed Sporter Chronograph

It is already on backorder, but MidwayUSA is now selling the MagnetoSpeed Sporter Chronograph for $179.99. I ordered mine last week (while in stock) and used a promo code to get $10 off. Should be getting it today.
    There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Basic Member
    mine showed up today, hopefully I will get to play with it tomorrow. I hope they get rolling on expanding the phone app to work with more phones fast! I got the phone adapter also.

Basic Member
    That's interesting. I have a Magneto Speed V3 and it's great. $200 is a good price for the same performance.

Andrew

Basic Member
    Yep i have the V3 also but with lab radar coming out i can see the competition getting rather stiff and prices going down even more over the next couple of years.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    I picked up the Sporter and XFR during their pre-release promo. Got $50 back on the combo just by answering a survey. Pretty darn good deal.

It's a great unit. Simple and works. Have used on my Savage .308 as well as my buddies Kimber 300 WSM. No issues with either on getting good FPS readings.

One thing I did notice was a POI change for both guns. I have not done significant enough "testing" to validate 100% but my gun went from 2" high at 100 yards to 10" high at 100 yard with the Sporter attached. Buddies gun went 14" high. Next time we went to the range saw less shift, but we also set it up at a slightly different point on the barrel - flush with the muzzle rather than 1/4" to 1/2" back. I emailed MagnetoSpeed and they say it may be due to "blast deflection" dynamics. Feels like maybe a bit of that and primarily due to hanging something off the end of your barrel!

Not an issue as I now plan to shoot accuracy and performance proving strings separately.

My only other gripe is the packaging. It won't last long and getting everything jammed back in is a pain. Will be upgrading to a case or bag of some sort quickly.

A friend of mine has one and swears by it.

Team Savage
    I have a v3 and it is awesome.