Hello. My name is Dave, and I'm addicted to shooting.

I'm here because my friends and family feel that I have a problem, and that it may be helpful to talk with others, or join a group of people that have the same problem as me.

I shoot during the day, the night and sometimes if no one is around, I shoot early in the morning. I have even been known to "pop off" a few rounds when I go home on my lunch break. My co-workers say they can tell, because I smell like gunpowder when I get back to work. I have blown off family functions (in-laws mostly), yard work, house maintenance and many other things, just so I can selfishly go shooting. I have been found more than a few times, out in the corner of a back field, passed out in my truck and reaking of Hoppes and gun oil, tired and worn out 'cause I had been shooting from dawn to dusk. I have small hidden stashes of bullets everywhere, just in case I run out of my main supply. Some in the kitchen junk drawer, the change jar, the glove box in the truck, in the side table by my recliner, behind the hot water tank in the basement...etc. I spend money on shooting supplies, when I should have bought groceries, and I have lied to my wife about how much I actually spent on a gun.

These are only a few of the issues I have with this disease, and as you know, the first step is actually admitting that I have a problem.

Thanks for listening, and I'm glad I had the courage to join this site.

Dave