Thread: May have adjusted the accutrigger to low?

Maverick9110E

May have adjusted the accutrigger to low?

On my 10P-SR i basically lowered it to the lowest poundage setting on the trigger. I've noticed that when i shoot with gloves on, if i go to pull the trigger the safety trips and i have to re-cock the bolt. I don't have this issue with an ungloved finger. Wondering if i just set the trigger weight to low/sensitive and any bump is going to trip the safety? Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. It's not a huge deal now that the weather is warming up but just something ive been needing to look into.

Basic Member
    My guess is your are pushing the blade to the side before squeezing the trigger, easy to do with gloves on.

Basic Member
    I set mine as low as i can and still close the bolt with a bit of authority. I would say you are hitting the trigger with the glove and tripping it against the safety blade like dav said.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

I'm with the rest of the guys. I'd say to tighten it up a bit and have at it. If it's a new rig it's going to break in moving part's and might lighten up as time goes on. I really like Savages safety features but I'm not crazy on how thin the housing that holds all the trigger mechanism together. I've had to remove some of the unneeded clearance and slop by tweaking the trigger housing.