Hi all,
I've been having issues dialing in my scope on my Axis II in .308.
When I first got the rifle I had to wait about 5 months before I could try it out due to California's fire season closing all outdoor ranges for a majority of the year.
Finally I was able to hit the range and I was trying to dial in the scope at 100yds. With cross hairs directly over the bull's-eye POI was 2ft high and 3ft right of the target. No matter the adjustments made on the scope POI stayed the same.
To make sure it wasn't just me, my friend who is an avid hunter tried with the same results.
I contacted Savage and their CS determined it was the weaver scope that came with the rifle and sent me a new scope.
Now after 2 months from my first range trip with this rifle, I tried to dial in the new scope Savage sent me. This time also at 100yds, cross hairs on the bull's-eye, POI was 1 1/2ft high and 1ft left of the bull's-eye. This is the closest we could get the POI to the bull's-eye as far as elevation goes. we didn't try windage as elevation was maxed out and POI was still 1 1/2ft high.
Again my friend was with me and tried again with the same results.

Ammo being used is Winchester 147gr. factory.

I have read people having issues where POI is low, but not high. I was wondering if getting higher scope rings would fix this issue I'm having?

I don't think the issue is with the rifle itself because grouping at POI is about 1 1/2 inches. I think I just need to figure out the scope situation.
Any help would be appreciated.