Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone identify this Savage 110 trigger?

Enduropro

Can someone identify this Savage 110 trigger?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this forum as I just purchased an old Savage 110 the other day. Based on the serial# this one is earlier than 1968. The FAQ section of this forum shows great detail of plenty of generations of 110 triggers, but I don't see this one.

I'd like to upgrade to an accu-trigger or something else that provodes adjustibility, etc. This one is heavy and sticky.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

See image.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/42185100@N08/15697081860/

https://flic.kr/p/pV6Dyq

That is one I have never seen.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    That's a first generation trigger used until 1966. None of the current aftermarket triggers will drop in unless you change the sear, safety and the trigger bracket. You will also have to modify the sear or the receiver for clearance.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Enduropro
    Thanks for the help. From my research, I think this one might be from 1958. It would be a shame to modify such an early model. Any suggestion on how to make the trigger more smooth and perhaps lighter?

Enduropro
    On the other hand...if I do consider an after-market trigger, any suggestion on which one will involve the least modifications? Thanks!

I may have been lucky, but I have swapped a complete newer trigger assembly into one of those actions with no modifications.

Like Sharpshooter said, you'll need a complete trigger assembly to swap. Keep an eye on Ebay and Gunbroker. I got a complete 3-screw trigger assembly for about $40 a while back.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Enduropro
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    I may have been lucky, but I have swapped a complete newer trigger assembly into one of those actions with no modifications.

Like Sharpshooter said, you'll need a complete trigger assembly to swap. Keep an eye on Ebay and Gunbroker. I got a complete 3-screw trigger assembly for about $40 a while back.
    Thanks so much for the response. So if I'm really really new to rifles, what exactly should I be looking for?

Basic Member
    if you can find a sear (ck w/ Numrich) I may have a two screw trigger (complete with bracket). Not as good as a three screw but may be ok.

Enduropro
    Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post
    if you can find a sear (ck w/ Numrich) I may have a two screw trigger (complete with bracket). Not as good as a three screw but may be ok.
    Thanks Olddav...PM sent to you. I really appreciate the help/guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    That's a first generation trigger used until 1966. None of the current aftermarket triggers will drop in unless you change the sear, safety and the trigger bracket. You will also have to modify the sear or the receiver for clearance.
    I love this forum. I learn something every day!

cookiemunster

none

I am modifying a rifle with that trigger, so , geargrinder what trigger did you swap this one with (pre-1966 first gen), with no modifications? because I look at the trigger that I have which is identical to the one on the original post/image, it looks like an accutrigger would drop right in.

I have tried to insert a timney trigger, this did not work.

So with all that being said, I'm looking for a trigger that i or a gunsmith can install and have the trigger that is installed be able to be adjustable down to at least 1.5 lbs.

jonbearman this is the trigger that you were going to assist me with but I could never get a pic in the website but this is the one I have.
    Last edited by cookiemunster; 11-29-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: ad more responses

It was a regular 3-screw pre-accutrigger setup.

It takes a whole trigger assembly to make the swap. Trigger(factory, timney, basix, SSS), bracket, sear, safety, springs.....everything.

You should be able to use an aftermarket trigger once you have everything else that goes with it.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Enduropro
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    It was a regular 3-screw pre-accutrigger setup.

It takes a whole trigger assembly to make the swap. Trigger(factory, timney, basix, SSS), bracket, sear, safety, springs.....everything.

You should be able to use an aftermarket trigger once you have everything else that goes with it.
    Thanks for the great advice. Would anyone mind providing links for a sear that I can purchase? Sorry for the newbie situation. Is wear I know other stuff like pistols and ARs really we'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Enduropro View Post
    Thanks for the great advice. Would anyone mind providing links for a sear that I can purchase? Sorry for the newbie situation. Is wear I know other stuff like pistols and ARs really we'll!
    Brownells lists it, but out of stock.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod13056.aspx

Numrich lists it, also out of stock.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/139590A.htm
    Last edited by geargrinder; 12-02-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Basic Member
    The Numrich link is for the old style sear, I believe he is looking for a newer sear.
    Any way you are right Numrich does list one, just out of stock.

Dang, I was in a hurry and didn't look close enough. Fixed the links.

Thanks, olddav.

Enduropro
    Thanks everyone. Sorry for the previous poor grammar. Using voice recogintion app as I drive.
    Very much appreciated advice!

Enduropro
    PS: I ordered it from Brownells...not sure when it'll ship, but I'm in no rush. THANKS AGAIN!

Basic Member
    As "sharpshooter" said you will need a new safety as well, (Midway USA has one I believe). After that you will have options.

Enduropro
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. I'll revive this thread once I have those items in hand.

Enduropro
    Still on backorder...wtf?? Has anyone dealt with Brownells backorder ever? What's their notification process?

Enduropro
    Do backorders normally take this long???

I've had stuff on backorder for over a year with them. Not their fault. If they can't get it, they can't get it. Depends on the supplier.

You can call and see if they have a date they expect their shipment.

Enduropro
    Good point. Thanks man.

Mach2
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduropro View Post
    Thanks for the help. From my research, I think this one might be from 1958. It would be a shame to modify such an early model. Any suggestion on how to make the trigger more smooth and perhaps lighter?
    You can have any trigger pull professionally lowered and it still retain the original features. Just takes a little polishing. All you are doing is adding a little extra quality by lowering the pull. You won't be changing out any parts and you will still have a rare early edition Savage.. Find a gunsmith and let him lower it for you.
    Congrats on your rifle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast