Hello All,
Kind of a silly question here- I guess I am plagued by having too many savages that shoot too darn good to tear apart for a build. I have bought 4 savage/stevens rifles (7-08, .243, 270, 30-06) recently to use as donor actions, but thought I would shoot them first, and they all shoot great for sporter barreled hunting rifles (about .75" and a little less with the .243 - with little to no load development too). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there has a hunting rifle that they rebarrel and restock during varmint season and then switch back for deer hunting, and if so does it still shoot just as good? I don't know why anything wouldn't, but sometimes the stars don't always re-align just right if you know what I mean... I want to rebarrel and restock my 7-08 to a 22br or a .204 ( I have both barrels, a bvss stock and a .223 bolt head) but I may also want to put it back to factory configs for deer season. If I do this can I expect the same great accuracy that it had before I tore it apart? I have built a couple savages from just the actions that I have bought and they worked great so this isn't my first time building one. Just curious as to the repeatability.
Thanks All,
placek59