Thread: Stevens savage 77A shotgun fix assistance please!

Teef

Stevens savage 77A shotgun fix assistance please!

these are from my stevens shotgun 77a (all 77 model stevens are virtually the same)
    after a nasty jam with a snap cap both these came out and the bolt/pump is now locked in place, now i checked each piece and even the actual innards of the shotgun (as much as i could), nothing broke or snapped off and the pieces all look stock from the guides
    now the bottom piece looks a hella lot like a shell catch, but im not 100% sure, and as for the top the only thing I can think is that its part of the bolt. im lucky as **** to have these not damaged, but i aint got any idea how to actually put these back where they belong.
    im thinking its just a place to slot them in as theres no real damage on them, but to anyone who has a stevens, can ya help a peep out? im just tired as sin from workin on this and without able to get coherent manuals or guides i cant figure any **** thing out

Those are your cartridge stop and your ejector assembly.

Tried to see how they went together in the exploded view but the exploded view of a 77D (only exploded view I can find) the parts are totally different than the A, B, and C series. I'm guessing the D series changed these parts due to what just happened to you, seems kind of strange.
    Savage- "never say never".

This might help you out but the exploded view here is for a 77D with the different shaped parts but the instructions on teardown should be around the same thing.

http://www.gun-tests.com/special_rep...l#.VSFDzpV0y1s
    Savage- "never say never".

Teef

hey there! havnt had the chance to take another look at it, but here's what we got
    we’re getting that tiny little extractor plug into this firearm
    the challenge is that we cannot pull the bolt back to remove the bolt all the way, we gotta slide it in
    its basically threading a piece of twine thru a needle here, but if it can be done it can be done
    Last edited by Teef; 04-09-2015 at 07:45 PM.

heatshield
    for more working room,remove the trigger group,remove the bolt and you;ll have room to reinstall your ejector.

Teef
    If you know a way to remove the bolt without having to pump the shotgun backwards im all ears, as I said I cannot pump the gun backwards unfortunately

Teef

apologies for the late bump, but work's been busy

as it turns out there doesnt seem to be any local gunsmiths around, and this is really bumming me out. i'd not like to have wasted 150 on my stupidity so ill figure out any way i can

here's another screenshot this time from the magazine tube hole, but detached. if anyone knows what redlining is (circling an area that the problem is using an image editor in a red line), using these two images could you perhaps see what needs to be fixed if you have a keen eye? this is super beneficial to me and at this moment anything i can do to at least get to be able to cock the bolt would be wonders.

now when the stock is off and the trigger is down i can move the bolt/pump back slightly because i can press in the manual pump button near the trigger. but i cant when its fully straight. im starting to think something may be blocking or stopping the button from being pressed in now, perhaps a jam between the cracks or a tiny sliver of the plastic from the snap cap's edge came off. anywho, any help is always appreciated