Thread: Savage Model 10 M40 B&C Stock Dissapointment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Savage Model 10 M40 B&C Stock Dissapointment

So I received the Bell & Carlson M40 Stock today. I was eager to install so jumped right in. Looking over the stock I realized that the rear trigger guard action screw hole was not drilled. I drilled a pilot hole and then threaded the screw with an Allen. The stock material just crumbled like powder. I called redhawkrifles and asked them if this was a common problem and he said "oh yea you don't torque that one you just snug it in". I said I didn't torque it but drilled pilot and gently threaded with Allen. The rep at redhawk kind of scoffed and then said I'm going to have to bed he screw and to make sure I use a release agent so it can be disassembled.

1. A new stock that advertises "drop in" should at least be pre-drilled for rear screw.
    2. It should not crumble when the screw is installed.

I'm highly disappointed with Bell & Carlson's quality as well as redhawk's customer service. I'm not a certified gunsmith but know my way around tools.

I suppose this this is a "buyer beware" but also a bit of a vent... Maybe the mixture was off when they built this stock. The material is very brittle and falls apart relatively easy. I'm not sending it back based on the delightful conversation I had with redhawk. I will, however, not buy from them again or purchase any B&C products. The original flimsy tupperware stock kept tight groups so if I get tired of trying to bed this one, I'll just burn it and go back to the original. Sorry for the long rant I'm just ticked off.

Last edited by Russmerle; 04-03-2015 at 05:25 PM.