Thread: Another Question

Basic Member

Another Question

I have located a Savage Model 11 FCXP3 and Have a few questions. What I would like to do is build a 6mm Remington with a detachable flush fitting mag. I'll use a Boyds stock and a McGowen or Pacnor barrel. As near as I can tell the FCXP3 has a synthetic stock, non accu-trigger and detachable centerfeed magazine. The particular rifle I found does have the top bolt release. I'll replace the stock, trigger and barrel so my question centers around the magazine. I think this model has the cheaper bottom metal and magazine. Can this cheaper system (bottom metal and magazine) be replaced with the premium centerfeed system and are the parts available from Savage?

Yes, assuming you get a stock inlet to accept it.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    According to the Boyds website they make a stock for the Model 11, top bolt release, short action detachable mag, factory bbl. I'm thinking that should fit?
    Now I need someone with a Model 11 that has the premium centerfeed system to share their SN or at least all the digits except the last one so I can type it unto savages parts finder and order the parts I require?
    Last edited by deertroy1; 03-31-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Try G901441
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Thanks.

It seems PN: 106238 is the premium frame assembly I need and P/N: 55105 is the mag?
    Last edited by deertroy1; 04-01-2015 at 08:17 AM.

That's correct, but do yourself a favor and order parts 5,6, and 8 separately instead of the assembled magazine. It'll save you about $13.00
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Basic Member
    Will do. Thanks.

Basic Member
    I guess all is for not. Apparently Savage will no longer ship parts to Canada.