Thread: Top bolt release stocks

Basic Member

Top bolt release stocks

Are all top bolt models the same bolt pattern? I found an old weather warrior that has the top bolt which is what I want so I can find an aftermarket stock easier. The ad says pre accustock but has accutrigger

No some are staggered feed, some are center feed. Center feed mag well comes off with the stock. Staggered feed mag well stays on action when stock is removed.

Basic Member
    Measure the space between the action screws. 4.27" is stagger feed, 4.4" is center feed.

Basic Member
    it is a wsm gun so I'm pretty sure it is center feed. I was just making sure the old weather warrior with the top bolt release had the same stocks as the rest

Quote Originally Posted by *tim* View Post
    it is a wsm gun so I'm pretty sure it is center feed. I was just making sure the old weather warrior with the top bolt release had the same stocks as the rest
    Being a WSM does not elevate it into the centerfeed feed system by default. The early WSM's were stagger feed and used controlled round feeding and a standing ejector. Quickest way to tell is to look at the bolt face. If it has the ejector in the bolt head, it's centerfeed. If the bottom of the bolt head is relieved for feeding, it's stagger feed. No need to remove the stock to see where the magazine resides.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways