Thread: Scope recommendations

Scope recommendations

Hey guys, I know this type of thing has been beaten to death but Im about to pull my hair out lol. Rifle is/will be a varmint rifle. 6x55 swede, that I hope to use for long(er) range stuff. Hopefully someday out to 1k mark....maybe Im dreaming lol. Anyways, Im wanting magnification up to around 20ish, would like target style turrets with return to zero, 30mm tube (not opposed to 1in, just seems the extra travel is good). As far as reticle is concerned, I think maybe more than just a plain crosshair might be needed (especially out farther).
    Now...price range....I was thinking along the lines of 4-700ish range. I saw a Nikon monarch 5-20 with the bdc but I like the idea of the additional holds being dashes instead of the circles like the nikon. The vortex viper I looked at doesnt offer the zoom Im wanting. Ive browsed through some lupys, and I think the vari-x2 has an 18x model, but is 2 or 3x gonna make much difference. Ive flipped through alot of my catalogs and my heads hurting lol. Then, last night I saw the post on the Burris Veracity by Old Medic (thanks for adding to the confusion! Lol) and I like the features it offers. Its at the upper end of my price range but if thats what I decide then I can put some more money back. Guess Im just making sure I've not overlooked other scopes that might fit the bill. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this is driving me nuts lol
    Scooter

Basic Member
    little more than your price range but well worth it. http://www.4scopes.com/sightron/sit-25127.html
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    As I was reading got to thinking Sightron would be a good choice...so +1 to earl

Thanks guys.....I checked out the link,
    Earl, how well do you like the dot in center, it appears pretty small which I would like but am just curious comparing it to a crosshair.
    Thanks
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Basic Member
    The center dot is just a target dot. I think they also have a FFP but i don't like the dots and lines changing size. Strelock app on my phone tells how to range at any power on a SFP with most scopes out there.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    Guns inc., has good priceing on the Burris Veracity line and their service is good.

I like the big sky in that price range.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, and thanks for the link Robinhood. I checked out gunsinc, they had the best price I could find....and that made me buy it lol. It should be here today. Thanks again for the help!
    Scooter

Basic Member
    And what did you get scooter?

Basic Member
    Have you looked at the Viper HS-T? http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Viper...pe-P67738.aspx Has almost all of the features you're wanting.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Guess I shoulda posted what I got lol......ended up with the burris veracity 4-20x50. Gunsinc had it for 627, and $10 shipping.....It came in last night, but I haven't gotten to look through it very much yet, I still need to order rings before I mount it. The little bit Ive messed it I like the features of it so far, and cant wait to shoot it.....
    Scooter

Psharon97,
    I just checked out the link you sent and was checking it out...i guess I had been looking at the viper pst, and the hs....I think I somehow completely overlooked this one...it looks like a nice scope....and will be on my radar for my next one....thanks for the heads up!
    Scooter

Basic Member
    Scooter, I am using the Burris Signiture Zee Rings, 30 mm, medium hi. Give Burris customer support a call and they will recommend the correct rings.