Hey guys, I know this type of thing has been beaten to death but Im about to pull my hair out lol. Rifle is/will be a varmint rifle. 6x55 swede, that I hope to use for long(er) range stuff. Hopefully someday out to 1k mark....maybe Im dreaming lol. Anyways, Im wanting magnification up to around 20ish, would like target style turrets with return to zero, 30mm tube (not opposed to 1in, just seems the extra travel is good). As far as reticle is concerned, I think maybe more than just a plain crosshair might be needed (especially out farther).
Now...price range....I was thinking along the lines of 4-700ish range. I saw a Nikon monarch 5-20 with the bdc but I like the idea of the additional holds being dashes instead of the circles like the nikon. The vortex viper I looked at doesnt offer the zoom Im wanting. Ive browsed through some lupys, and I think the vari-x2 has an 18x model, but is 2 or 3x gonna make much difference. Ive flipped through alot of my catalogs and my heads hurting lol. Then, last night I saw the post on the Burris Veracity by Old Medic (thanks for adding to the confusion! Lol) and I like the features it offers. Its at the upper end of my price range but if thats what I decide then I can put some more money back. Guess Im just making sure I've not overlooked other scopes that might fit the bill. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this is driving me nuts lol
Scooter