Thread: Is there any interest in hunting lights?

Basic Member

Is there any interest in hunting lights?

This isn't a for sale thread so please do not post anything along those lines.

I am thinking about expanding a hobby of mine. I currently build my own flashlights. I use red LED's and IR LED's for my night vision. I was thinking about making some to sell locally or elsewhere, but I don't know how much of an interest/need there is. These wouldn't be cheap $20 lights. Both the red and IR light up 200-300 yards depending on conditions. Red and IR don't throw as far as a white light. They would include the quality rechargeable batteries, a quality charger, and a picatinny mount. I will also probably cerakote the flashlight body as well. Most of the lights I see for sale are $100+ and include a cheapo charger with cheap batteries.

I have been using red lights for hog hunting and they work awesome. They don't spook deer or hogs. I've used green before and it spooked the deer. Would you pay this for a quality hunting light? I'm just trying to get a feel before I drop several hundred dollars on supplies.

Yeah I think there would be interest. I have a couple of good Streamlights and also have a kill light 100 (or whatever it is called) and it is just awesome! Used it on a hog hunt this winter and could have shot well over 100 yards with it, if only the hogs would have shown up. The deer and coons that showed up we not bothered at all by it.

Good flashlights are a lot like good optics. you don't really know what you are missing till you use the good stuff and see the light (pun intended).