Thread: savage 3D

robertb6112

savage 3D

I'm currently in the process of fixing up a savage 3D. And I'm trying to find a WFC 150 peep sight for it. But they seem hard to find. Does anybody know if the wfc 175 for the 340 would work? Or if there is a Lyman peep sight that would work with my rifle?

A Lyman 55S should work on it depending on the year it was made. Some were factory drilled for it others would have to be D&T'd for it.

Don't think the #175 would work, hole spacing must be different or they wouldn't have made it.

What is the hole spacing on the side of the receiver near the bolt?
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member
    The hole spacing for the 150 & 175 are the same but the 175 was made for the larger diameter centerfire rifles - it would not fit tight to a 22 and I don't think it could be adjusted low enough to work with a standard height front sight on a 22 or have enough windage adjustment to center horizontally.

The 150's have shown up regularly on eBay the past few years I have been looking, more often than 175's. Here are some comparison photo's I made a few months ago that show the 175 & a couple variations of the 150, some had numbers stamped on the eye piece.

Here are a 175 & a 150 adjusted to their lowest setting. Note the curvature of the mounting surface - the 175 does not look like it would set level on a smaller 22 receiver.

There is no option for the eye piece for a 150 - there was only one size offered that I know of and nothing else can be substituted and still work as intended - quite over engineered IMO... but interesting!

Last edited by Sav22; 03-26-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: clarified some wording

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.