... giving me the Savage bug . Seriously , thanks to all that share your wisdom and info here .

Just got my first project rifle up and running and really enjoyed getting it together. My primary varmint rig for the last two years has been a Ruger 77/22 VBZ chambered for .22 K-Hornet and has served me well, but last summer I decided I wanted more range . I started digging around the net and found this site which led to the purchase of a Stevens 200 in .243 . All my hunting is done on foot so I want to keep this rigs weight within reason so I decided to keep the stock barrel for now , this fall I`m going to get a shilen in heavy sporter contour still on the fence about length and standard or AI chamber ,but for now I ran the tubb final finish thru the factory tube , don`t really know if it`s help in the accuracy department but it does clean very easily . What I have done so far is install a sss triger , Tundra thumbhole from stock`s that I pillar bedded useing Hollands 700 ADL pillars and Bronells glass bed kit . I was pretty nevous about drilling and cutting on a brand new stock but it turned fairly well for a first time job . I toped it off with a Nikkon Monarch 5-20x44 . So far it has put everything I fed it under an inch @ 100yrds . I still have a good bit of load development to do to get it shooting it`s best . Shooting 87grn V-Maxes .010 of the lands over 36.5grns of IMR4064 at an avg velocity of 2972 fps , not to bad from the 22" barrel , with a best 3 shot (I would shoot 5`s but the thin barrel gets HOT after 3) group of .818 the first two of the three were .156 . I need to start letting the barrel cool between shots . Like I said I still have some work to do in the load department .
Crappy pic but the only one I have , with the first victim ;D . 171 yrds , no exit . So far the rifle is 2 for 2 first time out (second one at 70yrds and was a Mess!) , this rifle may cut my hand gun season short .